Two different solutions:
- Cryogenic grinding
- Ambient grinding
The feed material is cooled down to the “glass transition temperature” by liquid nitrogen. With the specially designed Hosokawa Alpine Contraplex pin mill – in combination with our Stratoplex classifier – we guarantee innovative technology from one single source for highest quality in grinding of rubber.
The feed material is ground by means of pressure and shear stress. We can now delivery the highest-quality machines for your plant and product safety in the ambient grinding of rubber. We have combined our know-how to offer you customised process technologies for optimum solutions.
- Fractions below 125 µm at high yield and very low oversize content
- Fine powder with very good flowability
- Separation of different fractions with Alpine Stratoplex classifier
- Fine powder in cubic form with a smooth surface
- End fineness easily achievable by using an in-line screening machine
- No oversized product due to closed-loop process
- Fine powder with very good flowability and a high surface quality
Ambient grinding solutions by Hosokawa Alpine
The Hosokawa Alpine Rubber Powder Mill (RP) works continuously in grinding and classifying. It can handle all rubber types with more that 45 Shore. Due to grinding technology, a very low energy consumption without cooling process (process temperature 60 – 85 °C) is possible. The grinding tools have slowly rotating tips and are silent in operation. The grinding and classifying process is performed in a closed loop without oversize particles. The classifying step uses a specially designed screen which is interchangeable for different application/requirements.
- Active rubber powder from 10µm – 1000µm with very large surface energy
- Reduced material costs
- Great mixing ability of the active rubber powder
- Time-reduced vulcanisation
- Mixing up to 80% in the production of TPE